Focus on Ireland (Summer 2019)
Focus On Ireland (Summer 2019)
A private tour of Trinity College with fast-track entry to the Book of Kells, a Jaunting Car ride in Killarney, luscious green countryside, dramatic coastal scenery and the ‘lilt’ of Irish voices all make for an exceptional journey.
- Killarney: Join John and Freda Sheehan for an evening of local fare in a beautiful setting. Enjoy great food and drink during your Farm-to-Table experience in a relaxed atmosphere, while the chef explains the secrets behind some of Ireland’s best-loved dishes.
- Cork: Celebrate Irish style! Join in the ‘craic’ over dinner with fabulous local flavours and wine.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfasts (B), 1 Dinner (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Dublin: Join a university insider for a guided walk through Trinity College before skipping the queue to see the iconic Book of Kells.
- Killarney: See the hidden delights of Killarney on a famous jaunting car ride. Ramble along with your local Jarvey who informs you of the history, legend and folklore of the area – with some Irish wit thrown in for good measure!
- Waterford: Meet a master craftsman on your guided visit of the world-famous House of Waterford Crystal.
Stay in Style
- Killarney: In the heart of the town centre, the Killarney Plaza Hotel and Spa overlooks Killarney National Park and is the perfect location to enjoy the stunning scenery and the local ‘craic.’
Top Rated Highlights
- Dublin: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the Custom House, Guinness Storehouse, Dublin Castle and the Georgian townhouses as you travel down O’Connell Street and along the River Liffey.
- Galway: An orientation with your Travel Director will show you the Lynch Memorial, Church of St. Nicholas, Spanish Arch and Eyre Square.
- Adare: Experience a village walk through the main street lined with thatched cottages.
- Cliffs of Moher: Stop by the Exhibition Centre and overlook the Wild Atlantic Way from these majestic cliffs.
- Killarney: Enjoy hearing of the history of Killarney during your city orientation.
- Ring of Kerry: Venture into a world of towering cliffs, lake lands and remote villages as you travel the Ring of Kerry.
- Blarney: Dangle from the ramparts to kiss the Stone of Eloquence, and never be lost for words again!
- Cobh: The Queenstown Story at Cobh retraces the steps of Irish emigration from the famine of 1845 to the great ocean line era of the 1950s. This is a must for those with Irish ancestors who crossed the Atlantic during this time.
- Cork: Your Travel Director will show you the Grand Parade and South Mall, along with City Hall and the Opera House.
- Waterford: Explore the town and see Reginald’s Tower and the remains of the city walls.
- Scenic Drives: Irish scenery is some of the most beautiful in the world. Relax and admire the views as your travel through Burren, Derrynasaggart Mountain and along the Ring of Kerry.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
In Dublin’s Fair City.
To Galway, City of the Tribes.
The Cliffs of Moher, Adare and Killarney.
Ring of Kerry Experience.
Blarney Castle and Cobh on the way to Cork.
Waterford, Kildare and on to Dublin.