Easy Pace Spain (Summer 2020)
Easy Pace Spain – Summer 2020
Relax and immerse yourself in three of Spain’s most contrasting and cultural cities. Vibrant Barcelona, idyllic San Sebastián and historic Madrid.
- San Sebastián: Dine with the locals, in Basque tradition, with an evening of pintxos. Your progressive dinner enables you to select a variety of snack-sized treats, each with their own flavour and presentation, making each guest’s meal unique. Be sure to try some of the local Txakoli wine.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B) and 3 Dinners with wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Madrid: Witness the world’s finest collection of Spanish paintings plus an impressive foreign collection, as you tour the Prado Museum with an expert art historian.
Top Rated Highlights
- Barcelona: Explore the medieval maze of the Barri Gotic, the Gothic Quarter, with your Local Expert.
- Barcelona: Venture inside Gaudí’s extraordinary masterpiece, the Sagrada Família and marvel at the contrasts of architecture.
- Zaragoza: See the four towers of El Pilar and the Río Ebro.
- Pamplona: Spend free time exploring this city, known for its annual Running with the Bulls festival.
- Bilbao: Visit the magnificent Guggenheim Museum.
- San Sebastián: Journey up Monte Igueldo with your Local Expert to take in breath-taking views over the town and La Concha Bay. Walk through the Old Quarter to Plaza de la Constitucion.
- Burgos: See El Cid’s burial place in the cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Madrid: With your Local Expert, see the Royal Palace, the monument to Cervantes in the Plaza de España, the grandiose Cibeles Fountain, Parliament and Puerta del Sol.
- Toledo: Explore this magnificent ancient city with your Local Expert and visit the Church of Santo Tomé to see an El Greco’s masterpiece.
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the scenery of the Río Ebro River, Basque Country, Sierra de Guadarrama and the Plains of La Mancha.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to Barcelona.
Exploring Catalonia’s Creative Capital.
Barcelona at Leisure.
Pamplona and San Sebastián.
Bilbao and Guggenheim.
San Sebastián, Pearl of the Cantabrian Coast.
Burgos and Madrid.
The Elegant Spanish Capital of Madrid.
The Cobbled Streets of Toledo.